The Hokin Project: Call for SubmissionsPublished on Oct 27, 2015
The Hokin Project Gallery Presents: The Field Notebook: Capturing the creative process of art and science.
Share your creative journal or notebook in an upcoming exhibition in the Hokin Project Gallery, opening this December.
The exhibition will display notebooks and sketchbooks from a diverse group of creative minds across many disciplines, providing a creative link among the arts and sciences. The exhibition focuses on the process of observation, recording, and analysis, inspiration, and creation. From the field to the studio, the humble notebook is the first place where science and art intersect to capture an idea, document the process, and bring it to life. The Hokin will be displaying examples of famous notebooks alongside the notebooks from the Columbia student body.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: November 9, 2015
1. Go to deps.submittable.com (under the “Field Notebook” category)
2. Upload a digital sample of your journal (a few iPhone pics, screenshots, or scans are ok)
3. Tell us a bit about the way you use your notebook in your creative process (short and sweet is great!)
4. Feel free to share info and/or image of a finished product that grew out of your notebook (not required, but we’re curious!)
5. Submit by November 9, 2015
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
The Hokin Project is a student-run collaboration between the Business & Entrepreneurship Department and Student Affairs/Department of Exhibitions and Performance Spaces (DEPS) of Columbia College Chicago.