Manifest 2015: Masters ShowcasePublished on Apr 24, 2015
We’re dedicating an entire night on Thursday, May 14th for graduate students to share their innovative work manifested from the creative resources and opportunities at Columbia. Please join us for an evening to honor and support the future leaders who will shape the culture of our times.
Business and Entrepreneurship
MAM Student Presentations
7-9pm | 1104 S. Wabash Ave, 8th Floor, Breakout Rooms B/C
- Master of Arts Management students have been hard at work on their entrepreneurial endeavors. Please join us as they present their exciting work. Presentations include:
- Bandwagon, a ticketing startup that reinvents dynamic pricing to grow crowd size in a way that benefits the artist, the venue, and the ticket buyer.
- The production of a TEDx event.
- Why Forum Theatre and Improvisation, a better model for employee development.
Cinema Art + Science
7-8:15pm | 1104 S. Wabash Ave, 8th Floor, Film Row Cinema
- A collection of 1-2 minute trailers of Cinema Art + Science MFA thesis films completed this year. The collection will loop in the open door Film Row Cinema, so feel free to come in and see a few or see them all.
2015 MFA Poetry, Fiction, and Nonfiction Student Showcase
7-9pm | 829 S. Wabash Ave, 17th Floor
- A reading by MFA candidates in Fiction, Poetry, and Nonfiction from the Department of Creative Writing, where students will present a small excerpt from their manuscript to showcase the work they've accomplished. There will be a reception inbetween rounds of readings where attending guests can talk with the students about their work and future projects.
Creative Arts Therapies
6:45-9pm | 1104 S. Wabash, 8th Floor
- Dance/movement therapy and counseling students from the Department of Creative Arts Therapies will present their social sciences research and thesis projects in a traditional poster session venue. Interact with the researchers about their studies and projects, learn about artistic and traditional methods for engaging in research, and collaboratively explore possibilities for the work.
8-9pm | 1104 S. Wabash Ave, 8th Floor, Breakout Room A
- Student Teachers and their Coopoerating Teachers discuss their student teaching experiences.
MFA Thesis Exhibition and Performances
5-8pm | 1104 S. Wabash Ave, 1st and 2nd Floor, Conaway Center
- This exhibition features the thesis work of MFA candidates in the Interdisciplinary Arts Department. The exhibition, which includes artists' books, works in handmade paper, print media, installations & sculpture, new media and time arts events are the culmination of one year of guided research. Each reflects the department’s dual focus on interdisciplinary book and paper arts and interdisciplinary arts and media.
- Participating artists include: Christopher Bednash, Justin Botz, Sid Branca, Heather R. Buechler, Adrienne Ciskey, Angela Davis Fegan, Janelle Vaughn Dowell, Grayson Hügh Bagwell, Amy Leners, Tom J. Ruiz, Dustin Seelinger, Levi Sherman, Kellen Walker, Amanda Blake Willett
2015 MFA Thesis Exhibition
7-9pm | 1104 S. Wabash Ave, 1st Floor, Glass Curtain Gallery
- This exhibition showcases the diverse talents of the 2015 MFA Photography graduating students Phaedra Call, Ilana Cheyfitz, Allison Clarke, Juan Giraldo, Yeinier Gonzalez, Elaine Miller and Orlenajean Vieira.