Design a Mural for SFSPublished on Feb 23, 2016
SFS (Student Financial Services) invites you to submit a proposal to design a mural for the SFS office lobby. We ask you to present your ideas based on the theme, Invest in Your Future, to guide your drawing, photo(s), art installations, paintings, etc. Additionally, the selected piece will participate in Manifest 2016.
Rules and Regulations:
The selected student will have a minimum of a 3.0 gpa and all majors are accepted. The piece will need to fit on the south wall of the SFS office lobby that has the dimensions of approximately 24’ x 10’ as seen in the photo below. Feel free to visit 600 S Michigan, 303 to view the space.
A committee of seven faculty and staff will select the winner. If the piece is a painting or photo a vinyl adhesive print will be made of your piece and it will be installed by May 6. If your submission is an art installation, then a scheduled installation date and time will be organized with the SFS office.
The selected student will receive a $750 stipend. Additionally, expenses – which include purchasing supplies, paying for food, travel, and labor – will be reimbursed up to $250 based on submitted receipts.
Theme – Invest in your future:
When deciding on your design, please be mindful of the audience that visits SFS. SFS receives visits from faculty, staff, prospective high school students with their parents or guests, as well as prospective graduate and transfer students and the general public. We invite you to create a piece that inspires your viewers who are excited and proud of their current or future affiliation with Columbia College Chicago. Please avoid offensive, political or religious themes.
Deadline – Monday, 3/28/2016 by 11:59pm
Please include the following, any missing pieces will disqualify you from the contest. Work example, 1 page, typed, double spaced, explanation of the proposed work and how it relates to the theme, budget with list of supply needs with prices (up to $250) and name of supplier to purchase by SFS.
1. In one page or less (150-250 word count for each section)
- Outline your idea – how does it relate to the theme
- Explain how this would benefit the community and yourself
- Give a brief summary of your previous work that relates w/ 2-5 images of previous work examples.
- Provide a schedule of how you would expedite this project
- Provide a budget using the template below.
|Art Supplies itemized below:||-----------------------|
|Food & Drinks|
2. Include: Images (PDF, JPEG, DOC…) of your submission. Please keep in mind if the winner’s work is a photo or a painting they will need to supply a 300 dpi tif file at size (approximately 24’ x 10’) for printing the adhesive vinyl prior to installation.