Loopmail is the official student email of Columbia. All official Columbia email communications will be delivered via Loopmail, so it is important that students check their account regularly or forward it to an account they will check regularly. Registration information, billing information, financial aid information, an all-student newsletter, and several targeted newsletters are available for students to receive each month. This information is all found in the Loopmail inbox. Check it.
**Logging in to Loopmail**
1. Visit the Loopmail log in page. For a current student registered at Columbia, the default login combo is username: firstname.lastname.
2. Use this password: eight-digit birthday. So, if the student's birthday is January 2, 1990, enter it in this format: 01021990. Students can change their password after they log in the first time successfully.
**Forwarding Loopmail to a Preferred Account**
1. Log in to Loopmail.
2. Click the *Settings* link at the top right of the page.
3. In the *Settings* window, select the *Forwarding and POP/IMAP* tab.
4. In the *Forwarding* section, enter an email address to forward Loopmail. The option to keep, archive, or delete your Loopmail will be given once it is forwarded.