Information to apply to Counseling Services at Columbia College Chicago:
- Applications for the 2017/2018 academic school year are currently being accepted. The deadline for submission is February 24, 2017. The deadline is firm.
- Address cover letters to the Director of Counseling Services
- Email cover letters and resumes to: email@example.com
- We are looking to accept four (4) students for the 2017/2018 academic year.
- This placement requires previous experience in a clinical setting and candidates must be able to articulate their clinical effectiveness.
- Candidates must be able to verbalize how their current clinical knowledge will help them succeed in their placement at Counseling Services.
- Candidates must be comfortable working autonomously within the first two weeks of the placement.
- We do not follow ACEPT guidelines.
- Candidates will be expected to fulfill 24 hours per week during the fall and spring semester. No exceptions.
- In order to ensure there is office space available for therapy sessions and to meet the service demands of our department, the 24 hours will consist of three 8 hour days. This will include two (2) late shifts, 11 am – 7 pm. Late shifts are available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday only.
- A mandatory two (2) week training is scheduled for August 21, 2017 – September 1, 2017. Candidates who cannot attend the entire training will not be offered a placement. No exceptions.
- There is not enough flexibility in scheduling or office space to accommodate candidates who have additional commitments outside of their internship. Therefore, candidates who work, have teaching assistantships, plans of study abroad, travel plans or other extensive commitments are not a match for our department. Please do not apply.
- Candidates who are accepted are to provide proof of professional liability coverage.
- The tentative academic calendar for Columbia College Chicago during fall 2017 and spring 2018 is as follows:
- Semester begins Tuesday, September 5, 2017 . . . . . . Semester ends Saturday, December 16, 2017
- Semester begins Monday, January 22, 2018 . . . . . . . Semester ends Saturday, May 12, 2018
Clinical Interns will provide individual, group, and couples counseling for students enrolled at Columbia College Chicago. In an effort to enhance student progress and wellness, the Counseling Services team will provide a safe place for students to express their thoughts and feelings. The Counseling Services team will also help students work toward resolving their issues by exploring alternative points of view. Staff and interns provide myriad services to students, parents, faculty, and staff. Additionally, the Counseling Services team partners with outside agencies and organizations to provide students with referrals when needed. This position requires flexibility, creativity and some evening hours. Counseling Services is part of the Office of Student Health & Support, a Division of Student Affairs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide individual, couples, and group therapy to students
- Handle crisis situations by evaluating risk and determining level of intervention
- Participate in individual and group supervision
- Complete assignments expected from graduate program, as well as from Counseling Services
- Participate in multidisciplinary team meetings and in-service trainings
- Consult and interface with students, parents, faculty, and staff at various Columbia events within context of role as mental healthcare provider
- Manage and coordinate client files and clinical documentation
- Participate and implement programming
- Participate in outreach efforts and opportunities
- Prepare monthly report of caseload and activities
- Help design and facilitate workshops, activities, and programs that will contribute to the student's overall development
- Perform related tasks as assigned
- Current enrollment in a Master's degree program in Counseling Psychology or Social Work
- Previous counseling experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Proficiency with computers
Please email cover letter and resume to Counseling Services at firstname.lastname@example.org