Some new Columbia students may not be able to travel to Columbia to take their placements on campus. Therefore, new Columbia students may take their COMPASS placements at another college placement facility or a remote COMPASS facility closer to their home for a fee ranging from $25-75. New students must complete this placement at least one business day before their orientation date.
- Remote placement is only offered to new students.
- All remote COMPASS placements must be reserved through Columbia's Learning Studio by calling 312-369-8130. COMPASS results from other colleges are not accepted unless the student scheduled the remote placement through the Learning Studio.
- A Learning Studio staff member will phone you to schedule your remote placement. You will be scheduled to complete the placement at a convenient placement facility near you.
- Please note that you are responsible for the remote placement site fee.
- You will receive an email confirmation when your scores have been entered.
We encourage all students who choose the remote placement option to visit the Learning Studio when they arrive on campus to receive a quick tour of the facilities and learn about other resources available.