About Fashion Design
Working in the modern fashion clothing industry, whether in the design or business side, requires an eye for artistry as well as an understanding of consumer lifestyles. As a Fashion Studies student, one can take classes ranging from apparel design to fashion illustration to merchandise management. Since fashion reflects the personality, technology and priorities of our times, you’ll find that these courses play a vital role in preparing one for a range of careers including fashion designer, store manager, fashion buyer, costume designer, boutique owner, stylist and blogger among others.
Recommended First-Semester Classes
In addition to one or two Liberal Arts & Science courses, we recommend you take 2-3 of the following classes in your first semester as a Fashion Design major:
- • 27-1100 Intro to Fashion Studies
- • 22-1105 Intro to Visual Culture
- • 22-1910 Making I
- • 22-1930 Medium (1 credit)
- • 22-1940 Methods (1 credit)
- • 22-1950 Materials (1 credit)
New and Transfer students: have a question?
- • Lynda Roddy, Academic Coordinator, Fashion Studies firstname.lastname@example.org
- • Dana Connell, Associate Chair, Fashion Studies email@example.com