About Fashion Business
Working in the modern fashion clothing industry, whether in the design or business side, requires an eye for artistry as well as an understanding of consumer lifestyles. As a Fashion Studies student, one can take classes ranging from apparel design to fashion illustration to merchandise management. Since fashion reflects the personality, technology and priorities of our times, you’ll find that these courses play a vital role in preparing one for a range of careers including fashion designer, store manager, fashion buyer, costume designer, boutique owner, stylist and blogger among others.
Recommended First-Semester Classes
In addition to one or two Liberal Arts & Science courses, we recommend you take 2-3 of the following classes in your first semester as a Fashion Business major:
- • 28-1110 Introduction to Management
- • 28-1112 Managerial Economics
- • 27-1100 Introduction to Fashion Studies
- • 27-1900 Fashion Design Principles
New Freshmen and Transfer students: Have a question?
- • Lynda Roddy, Academic Coordinator, Fashion Studies email@example.com
- • Dana Connell, Associate Chair, Fashion Studies firstname.lastname@example.org