What it Takes:
- Your job search arsenal includes web and print portfolios, resume, and business cards.
- Explore career paths early on. Decide which direction you want your degree to take you.
- Document your work. Learn how to professionally photograph your installations, or take advantage of photo documentation services at the Portfolio Center.
- Create a website to promote yourself as an artist.
- If you are applying to jobs outside of fine arts, be sure to have a separate version of your resume.
- Seek opportunities to exhibit and sell your work.
On the Web:
Chicago Artists Resource
Chicago Gallery Guide
College Art Association
Art Therapy Association
National Art Education Association
National Portfolio Day