Change happens. Maybe you’re realizing your major isn’t quite right for you. Or you’re graduating and want to explore other directions your career can take you.
The Portfolio Center has a system available to help you explore and make decisions about your career.
Journey is a complete career exploration and planning system. It can help you:
- Explore your interests, values and strengths
- Identify majors and careers that may be a fit
- Research majors and career paths
- Everything is online, so you can take the assessment and revisit results anytime
Journey, is self-directed, so you can take it anytime. To use Journey, you will need to get an access code from us.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “JOURNEY ACCESS” and please leave your Oasis ID number in the body of the email. We will send the code within 24 hours.
- Go to www.kuderjourney.com and click on New Users Register Here (on the right).
- Select 'Student' and your year in school or Adult.
- Complete your profile- make sure you enter all required fields. Enter the access code we emailed you at the bottom of that screen, and you are good to go!
You have lifetime access to the system once you create an account.
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator is a career assessment that measures four different areas of personality to suggest potential professional roles that match your preferences. It provides you with:
- Your four-letter MPTI "code" that will help you understand yourself better
- A print out including interpretation and career paths that may be a fit for you
Contact Michael Goode to take the MBTI. You will take the assessment from home but will need to meet with a staff member for your results.
These tools are free and available to all current students, and alumni up to six months post graduation.