Students ready to show your talent and start collaborating, here are our step by step instructions to making the perfect Talent Pool profile.
- Go to Talent Pool.
- Click the Sign In/Register link on the right.
- Enter your Oasis ID and Password.
- Note that currently Talent Pool login is only open to current students.
- Click Choose image to upload a headshot or avatar.
- This image can be a headshot, a branding element, or a work sample.
- Enter your name and email address.
- Enter your title & copyright name.
- Choose your creative commons license. (You will see a description under each license to help you choose what's best for you.) Select if you'll allow modifications of your work or commercial licenses.
- Add a Caption for your work:
- Add a bio! This is one of the most important fields. Any text you type is searchable through the Talent Pool search bar. Be brief, clear, and make sure you proofread!
- Click Save at the bottom of the screen.
- Fill out the Professional Section with a few keywords that best represent you.
- Be selective! The more you choose, the less likely you are to show up in search results.
- Add any links to other professional sites, work samples, or press/reviews that you have. Click Save.
- Complete the Interview Section of your profile. This is a self-assessment and can be changed at any time. Use your cursor/mouse to slide the bar right or left.
- Click Save at the bottom of your screen.
- Upload samples to the Portfolio Work section. You can upload Multiple Collections of your work, or divide your work into specific areas by creating new collections. Talent Pool accepts the following:
- Images - .jpg, .png, .gif
- Video - .mov, .mp4, .avi, .flv
- Audio - .mp3
- Text - PDF Only
- To create a new collection, click on Create New Collection on the left.
- Enter the New Collection name.
- Add a description.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
- Click on Go To Profile to review what you've uploaded.
- Check to make sure all of your contact info & professional links are accurate.
Here are some tips on how to make your Talent Pool Profile more visible:
- Share it on Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Add it to your Moodle bio
- Add it to your email signature
- Search potential collaborators. Send them and email. They can look up your profile
- Show it off to faculty, staff, friends
- Make an appointment at the Portfolio Center to get it reviewed