Let’s acknowledge this reality right away- your job search will be very different from an accountant, a financial planner, or an engineer. Creative industries are a small world with different values and practices, so your job search will need to be informed and focused.
- Remember that the interview process starts long before you walk in the door.
- If you have a limited definition of Networking and won’t go near it, use this guide to expand your view and, as a result, your resume.
- Basic concepts that will give you a point of entry into a more comprehensive understanding of copyright law, when you need it.
- What they might ask you when you get that foot in the door.
- A business card can be a simple but professional looking card that offers your name and contact information to anyone interested. Or, it can be a designed piece that suggests a bit about who you are as a creative worker in addition to your name and contact info. This guide breaks down the standards and the options.
- To make it on your own you need talent and business skill. We've compiled our favorite resources to help you navigate the world of self-employment.