- What is Contract Renewal Campaign?Contract Renewal Campaign is an opportunity for current Columbia College students and residents to choose the specific room they want to live in for the 2014-2015 academic year. With the assistance of a Residence Life staff member, students will easily be able to sign a contract for on-campus housing. No need to fill out an application!
Contract Renewal Campaign begins Monday, February 24th, 2014 and goes through Friday, March 7th, 2014, in the Residence Life Office at 731 South Plymouth Court. Your sign-up date will depend on your housing status at that time. Please view the Contract Campaign Schedule for your designated dates.
- Who is Qualified?If you are a current Columbia College on-campus resident or full-time student, you are able to participate in Contract Campaign. Keep in mind that all returning students must end the Spring 2014 semester with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher to be eligible to live on campus.
- What to BringMedical Insurance Policy Information
All residents are required to have medical insurance coverage during the contract period. You will need to provide proof of a current medical insurance policy (i.e. insurance card), so that we can have this information on file.
$250 Housing Prepayment
Students will need to provide a non-refundable $250 prepayment or receipt of this payment when signing up for on-campus housing. This mandatory non-refunadble payment is applied to your first semesters’ housing costs, and cannot be waived.
We highly encourage students to make the housing prepayment PRIOR to coming into the Residence Life office, as this will significantly speed up the Contract Campaign process.
- Housing prepayments can be made online at www.colum.edu/housingprepayment. This payment system accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover credit cards, as well as electronic checks. Please be sure to bring a copy of your payment confirmation when you are signing up for on-campus housing.
- Cash and money orders housing prepayments can be made at the Cashier Desk at 600 S. Michigan, 3rd floor. Please be sure to bring the receipt of this payment.
DO NOT USE CCCPAY TO MAKE THIS PREPAYMENT.
- What to ExpectYour sign-up date will depend on your housing status at that time. Please view the Contract Campaign Schedule for your designated dates. There will be hundreds of students looking to sign a contract for housing – all of which our staff must speak to individually, so be prepared to wait. We highly encourage students to make the Housing Prepayment PRIOR to coming into the Residence Life office, as this will significantly speed up the process.
- Canceling Your ContractPlease be advised, all submitted housing contracts are binding. Do not submit a contract if you are using it as a backup plan or if you're unsure about living on campus.
Once you complete a housing contract, you have agreed to the terms of the contract and understood that you are responsible for all financial obligations under the contract. If you would like to try and break your contract, you must email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org and request to be sent a petition, which you would then complete and return to our office. There is no refund on the $250 prepayment.
- Academic & Annual ContractsThere are 2 types of housing contracts students can sign: Academic & Annual.
Academic Contracts are available throughout all of our residence halls. This option allows students to live on campus for the Fall and Spring 2014-2015 academic year.
**Academic Contract dates are August 30th, 2014 through May 17th, 2015.
Annual Contracts are only offered for spaces at The University Center. This option gives students the opportunity to live on campus for the 2014 summer and for the Fall and Spring terms of the 2014-2015 academic year.
Please be advised: Your summer housing will be in a designated apartment-style space and will differ from your academic year space.
**Annual Contract dates are May 19th, 2014 through May 17th, 2015.
- On-Campus Residence Halls
731 South Plymouth Court
Columbia's premier residence center, Plymouth Court, houses the main offices of Residence Life and approximately 350 Columbia College Chicago students. (see more)
The University Center
Since the Fall of 2004, the University Center (UC) has created a home away from home for approximately 1,700 college students from Columbia College Chicago and nearby DePaul & Roosevelt Universities. (see more)
Columbia’s newest addition to on-campus housing! This building was originally built in 1911 as the headquarters of the Dwight Brothers Paper Company. The Dwight has been fully renovated, but still stays true to its heritage as a place of aesthetics and creativity. (see more)
2 East 8th Street
Located in the heart of Chicago's South Loop, 2 East 8th offers comfortable & afordable apartment style living and is just a few blocks away from Columbia College. (see more)
- Students with DisabilitiesIf you require special room accommodations due to an ADA recognized disability, please contact the Residence Life Office in writing, via email: email@example.com
These disabilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactive Disorder
- Learning Disabilities
- Communication Disorders
- Psychological Disabilities
- Blindness/Visual Impairment
- Other Health or Physical Impairment
For additional accommodations outside of housing, please visit The Services for Student’s with Disabilities Office (SSD) website.
- Roommate RequestsRoommate Requests can be accommodated, but the process will vary depending on each persons housing and/or student status.
- If you CURRENTLY live in one of our Residence Halls and you would like to stay in that SAME EXACT ROOM, you would be participating in Same Room Sign-Up during Contract Campaign. If you have a friend that currently attends Columbia College, and would like to room with you for 2014-2015, that person would need to come in during the Open-To-All segment of Contract Campaign. Please be aware, the availability of the space may change during the first week of Contract Campaign, as that space will still be an available option for other inquiring students.
- If you and a friend currently attend Columbia College and you both would like to find on-campus housing with each other, you would need to come in during the Open-To-All segment of Contract Campaign. We recommend that you both come into our office at the same time, to ensure that you both sign up for the same space. If your schedules do not permit this, be sure to let your friend know exactly which space you signed up for, so he/she can inquire about it when they come into our office. Please be aware, the availability of the space may change, as that space will still be an available option for other inquiring students.
- If you want to live with a friend that does not currently attend Columbia College, but plans to live on campus for 2014-2015, you would need to request this person when signing your housing contract. Your friend would also need to request you on their housing application. Please know that we do try to accommodate these requests, but they are not always successful. This is due to the fact that housing assignments for new students are based on availability AND when the student submitted their housing application.
If you do not have a Roommate Request, you will eventually receive a Roommate Assignment.
- Housing Prepayment
- On-Campus Housing Rates
- Meal Plan
- Paying for Housing
- Same Room Sign-Up
- Displaced Residents
- Download/Print Full Schedule
- Roommate Assignments
- Move-In Information