Secure your on-campus housing now at http://colum.edu/housingapp!
- What is Contract Campaign?Contract Campaign is an opportunity for current Columbia College students and residents to choose the specific room they want to live in for the 2015-2016 academic year. Students will easily be able to complete a contract for on-campus housing online; no need to come into the Residence Life office!
Contract Campaign will begin on Monday, March 16th and ends on Friday, April 3rd.
All current students can secure housing now at http://colum.edu/housingapp!
- Who is Qualified?If you are a current Columbia College on-campus resident or full-time student, you are able to participate in the Contract Campaign. Keep in mind that all returning students must end the Spring 2015 semester with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher to be eligible to live on campus.
- What You NeedHousing Prepayment
Students will need to provide a non-refundable $250 prepayment online when completing the housing contract. This mandatory non-refunadble payment is applied to your first semesters’ housing costs, and cannot be waived.
DO NOT USE CCCPAY TO MAKE THIS PREPAYMENT.
Medical Insurance Policy
All residents are required to have medical insurance coverage during the contract period. You will need to enter your medical insurance policy info online when completing a housing contract.
- What to ExpectThe entire process will be completed online. Your sign-up date will depend on your housing status at that time. The first week of Contract Campaign will be dedicated to students requesting the same exact space (apartment and bedroom) they currently have. The second and third week will be open to all current residents and current students. This means that any space that was not spoken for in the first week will be available for selection.
- Housing Contract TermsPlease be advised, all submitted housing contracts are binding. Do not submit a contract if you are using it as a backup plan or if you're unsure about living on campus.
Once you complete a housing contract, you have agreed to the terms of the contract and understood that you are responsible for all financial obligations under the contract. You will be held accountable to the full academic years' costs.
- Academic HousingStudents that participate in Contract Campaign will sign an academic housing contract. This allows students to live on campus for the Fall and Spring 2015-2016 academic year.
**Academic Contract dates are September 5th, 2015 through May 15th, 2016.
- On-Campus Residence Halls
731 South Plymouth Court
Columbia's premier residence center, Plymouth Court, houses the main offices of Residence Life and approximately 350 Columbia College Chicago students. (see more)
The Dwight - 642 South Clark
Columbia’s newest addition to on-campus housing! This building was originally built in 1911 as the headquarters of the Dwight Brothers Paper Company. The Dwight has been fully renovated, but still stays true to its heritage as a place of aesthetics and creativity. (see more)
The University Center - 525 South State
Since the Fall of 2004, the University Center (UC) has created a home away from home for approximately 1,700 college students from Columbia College Chicago and nearby DePaul & Roosevelt Universities. (see more)
2 East 8th Street
Located in the heart of Chicago's South Loop, 2 East 8th offers comfortable & afordable apartment style living and is just a few blocks away from Columbia College. (see more)
The Flats - 829 South Wasbash
The Flats is a brand new residence hall, which opened their doors in the Fall of 2013. Students will occupy fully furnished apartments from the 8th to 12th floor. (see more)
- Students with DisabilitiesIf you require special room accommodations due to an ADA recognized disability, please contact the Residence Life Office in writing, via email: email@example.com
These disabilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactive Disorder
- Learning Disabilities
- Communication Disorders
- Psychological Disabilities
- Blindness/Visual Impairment
- Other Health or Physical Impairment
For additional accommodations outside of housing, please visit The Services for Student’s with Disabilities Office (SSD) website.
- Roommate RequestsRoommate Requests can be accommodated, but the process will vary depending on each persons housing and/or student status.
- If you CURRENTLY live in one of our Residence Halls and you would like to stay in that SAME EXACT ROOM, you would be completing your online contract during the Same-Room Sign-Up portion of Contract Campaign. If you have a friend that currently attends Columbia College, and would like to room with you for 2015-2016, that person would need to complete their online contract during Open-To-All segment of Contract Campaign. Please be aware, the availability of the space may change during the first week of the campaign, as that space will still be an available option for other inquiring students.
- If you and a friend currently attend Columbia College and you both would like to find on-campus housing with each other, you would both need to select your room(s) during the Open-To-All segment of Contract Campaign. We recommend that you both sign up at the same time, to ensure that you both can select the same space. Please be aware, the availability of spaces will change frequently, as they will be an available option for other inquiring students.
If you do not have a Roommate Request, you will eventually receive a Roommate Assignment.
- Housing Prepayment
- On-Campus Housing Rates
- Meal Plan
- Paying for Housing
- Same Room Sign-Up
- Displaced Residents
- Roommate Assignments
- Move-In Information
If you have any questions concerning the 2015 Contract Renewal Campaign that are not addressed in these FAQ's, please contact the Residence Life Office at firstname.lastname@example.org