Resident assistants — or RA's, as they are more commonly known – are integral staff members in the life development of Columbia residents. These RA's can be sophomores, juniors, seniors or graduate students (GA's). As residents on campus, they may impact your life and be involved in your accomplishments and challenges. These student leaders hold an important role on campus and are often required to be compassionate, diligent, responsible and creative members of the Columbia community.
Want to be a Resident Assistant?
Each Fall semester — usually in October — we hold Information Sessions for those interested in becoming an RA. The requirements to apply are the following:
- Be a current Columbia College student.
- Have at least a 2.7 cumulative GPA and a semester GPA of 2.5.
- Completed at least 30 credit hours by time of employment. If you are a transfer student, those credit hours can be ones you've gained elsewhere.
- Lived in a community setting, whether at Columbia College or other residence life housing.
- Be in good standing with Columbia College.
Those selected would begin their positions either the following Spring semester or Fall semester, depending on the demand for RA's.