ColumbiaCares is meant for one-time, acute, and unforeseen emergency needs. Unplanned and unforeseen challenges include losing property through a flood/fire/theft. Unbudgeted emergency medical assistance, or providing temporary assistance after losing employment. ColumbiaCares can also assist students who find themselves in a shelter or food insecure situation. Requests for recurring needs or bills will not be considered, neither will funding requests to support non-students. Columbia Cares funds cannot be used for College expenses (i.e., tuition, housing, books, software, supplies, etc.)
CRITERIA AND PROCESS:
- Please contact the Dean of Students Office for further assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In your application, students are strongly encouraged to provide supporting documentation of need (i.e., eviction notice, bill statement, proof of cost of the emergency expense, etc.)
- The maximum award is $500, pending availability of funds.
- A student's financial aid award, academic record, and other history may be considered in reviewing the submitted request in order to provide a holistic picture of need and to help prioritize the most urgent requests.
- Approval of assistance will be based on availability of funds, faculty/staff refferal, and documentation of need and will be evaluated by the Dean of Students Office.
- Approved submissions will be sent to Columbia Central for final processing; funds will be distributed to the students' accounts directly.
- The Dean of Students Office may consider larger award amounts or awarding multiple grants to a student at their discretion and in coordination with Columbia Central.
- Student must be currently enrolled for classes.
- Student should be in good disciplinary standing with the College.
- Students are eligible to receive this grant once per academic semester.