The ColumbiaCares Fund was established by students from an AEMM Fall 2012 Event Management Practicum Classes, working in partnership with Student Affairs staff. The students saw a need for an emergency fund at the college to assist students who face unexpected challenges and emergencies. ColumbiaCares assists student who face an emergency situation and are in need of some modest fnancial assistance. Student Affairs, in partnership with the Student Leadership Advisory Board, has established ColumbiaCares as a fundraising priority and hopes to motive the larger college community to donate to the fund. The fund will be administered by the Dean of Students’ office.
Criteria for Distribution of Funds
- Students must be currently enrolled
- Students are elligible for assistance once within an academic year
- A brief written statement (should include student Oasis ID, Name, and any supporting documentation) describing the emergency, must be submitted to the Dean of Students Office
- The maximum student award is $250.00
- Students are eligible to apply for this fund regardless of their financial aid status