Below is an outline of the important policy changes in DEPS Spaces for spring 2022 and beyond due to COVID-19:
- DEPS staff will prioritize events that support academic classes and are directly associated with the fulfillment of a course requirement.
- DEPS will prioritize end-of-year showcases for Manifest.
- Individual students will not be allowed to book DEPS spaces unless the event is directly associated with the fulfillment of a course requirement.
- DEPS is unable to accommodate space rentals unless previously scheduled.
- DEPS is unable to accommodate Partnered Events sponsored by academic departments. Exceptions may be made with support from department chair, VP, Dean or Provost.
- DEPS is unable to accommodate alumni events.
- DEPS is unable to provide staffing for video streaming or filming support.
- ALL events must be booked 1 week in advance and are subject to staff and space availability.
- Events will be limited to 2 per day in DEPS spaces including HAUS and the Conaway Center.
- Facilities and Operations is unable to assist with event set-ups. Organizers will be required to set up furniture and return the furniture to the original set up after their event.
- Organizers will need to assist with cleaning/sanitation efforts BEFORE their event begins and are strongly encouraged to assist cleaning efforts after their event concludes.
- No food is allowed to be eaten at events and meetings. If food is passed out, it must be pre-packaged and handed to attendees as they are exiting the space.
All DEPS events are contingent upon state, city and college closures.
If at any time, occupancy is exceeded or unsafe social distancing practices occur, the event will be stopped immediately by a building security guard and reported to the Office of Safety & Security. Failure to adhere to the policies outlined above will result in additional fees and a loss in future event and space privileges.