Help & SupportHow do I...
- Reset my OASIS password?
You can change your OASIS password by clicking on the "Personal Info & Password Change" link in the top right corner of the home page of OASIS once you log in.
Visit oasis.colum.edu to log in.
If you are unaware of your OASIS ID and/or password, please contact Client Services.
Online Administrative Student Information System (OASIS) is the online tool students use to register for classes, pay tuition and fees, check academic progress, and update their official address and contact information, as well as their emergency contact information.
For OASIS login support, call 312.369.7001, or email email@example.com Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Change my Loopmail password?
To change your Loopmail password, once you log in to your account, you will navigate to the "My Account" option in Gmail. You will then select the "Sign-in & security" option. From here, you can change your Loopmail password.
If you are unaware of your Loopmail address and/or password, please contact Client Services with your Oasis ID number readily available.
For Loopmail support, call 312.369.7001, or email firstname.lastname@example.org Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Please note that in most cases, Loopmail addresses follow the format of email@example.com.
- Access Moodle Rooms?
Moodle, a Modular Object Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment, is a learning management system used by Columbia faculty to manage their courses. Students log in to Moodle with their OASIS information. Depending on how each teacher uses Moodle, students may access syllabi, assignments, readings, resources, forums, wikis, course grades and other materials. Instructors will let their students know if they are using Moodle in a particular class.For Moodle support, call 844.897.0429, or visit colum.edusupportcenter.com for chat support or to open a case.
- Access campus wi-fi?
"Columbia Student" is the wireless network dedicated to students. This network is accessed using the same credentials to access OASIS.
Once you select the "Columbia Student" network from your list of available wireless networks, a browser window will pop up asking you to log into the network with your OASIS credentials. If a window does not automatically pop up, open a web browser and attempt to access the portal, and you will be re-directed to the log-in page. If you have any issues, please contact client services at 312-369-7001.Please note that the "Columbia FacStaff" network is dedicated to Faculty and Staff. This network is accessed using network login credentials.
- Access Lynda.com?
Lynda.com is the premier online training resource for anyone seeking exceptional, current and relevant software training. Whether you use it to supplement your learning in the classroom or to teach yourself an entirely new skillset, lynda.com is a truly invaluable resource available to the Columbia student community. Just log in to OASIS, click on the training tab and follow the lynda.com link to get started.
- Contact Client Services?
- Contact Student Financial Services with payment questions?
The Student Financial Services (SFS) office guides students through the process of financing their education. Learning about college costs and all the funding options available is essential to making a college education a reality. SFS is committed to educating students about their options. The office facilitates the federal financial aid process and helps students understand financial options such as private loans, scholarships and assistance programs. Students should visit SFS’s website to follow the four phases of paying for college, submit financial documents, chat with an SFS representative or use the virtual advisor tool.
- Office 365 (Faculty & Staff)
Comprehensive training resources for Office 365 can be found in the table below. The table houses links to detailed Microsoft training documents, which give a quick overview of the most utilized Office 365 applications on campus, as well as all-inclusive Lynda.com tutorials.
Lynda.com is the premier online training resource available to Faculty & Staff for anyone seeking exceptional, current and relevant software training, including Office 365. Before clicking on a Lynda.com training resource below, just log in to OASIS, click on the training tab and follow the lynda.com link to get started.
Microsoft Training Documents
Lynda.com Training Tutorials
This Microsoft training document for Outlook gives a basic overview of the application. This introductory course for Microsoft Outlook will show users how to set up and manage their email accounts within the Outlook mail client.
This Microsoft training document for Word gives a basic overview of the application. This introductory course for Microsoft Word shows users how to use the robust word processing software.
This Microsoft training document for PowerPoint gives a basic overview of the application. This introductory course for Microsoft PowerPoint introduces the interface, navigation, and presentation tools available within PowerPoint.
This Microsoft training document for Excel gives a basic overview of the application. This introductory course for Microsoft Excel introduces how to create a workbook, formulas, and formatting within Excel.
This Microsoft training document for OneDrive gives a basic overview of the application. This introductory course for OneDrive introduces Microsoft's cloud-based file storage system, and explains how OneDrive can be integrated with other Microsoft applications.
This Microsoft training document for Yammer gives a basic overview of the application. This Introductory course for Yammer introduces Microsoft's employee social networking tool and shows users how to set up a Yammer account, as well as customize their pages and news feed.
This Microsoft training page for Planner gives a basic overview of the application. This introductory course for Planner shows users how to create and administer plans and tasks within Microsoft's project planning application.
This Microsoft training document for OneNote gives a basic overview of the application. This introductory course for OneNote shows users how to create and manage digital notebooks within Microsoft's note taking application.
This Microsoft training page for FindTime gives a basic overview of the application. This introductory course for FindTime shows users how to seamlessly create meeting polls when scheduling appointments inside of Outlook with this Microsoft scheduling tool.
Skype for Business
This Microsoft training document for Skype for Business gives a basic overview of the application. This introductory course for Skype for Business shows users how to fully utilize the enterprise version of Microsoft's communication tool, which allows for audio-video communication, as well as instant messaging.
- Access email off campus? (Faculty & Staff)
- Reset my network ID password? (Faculty & Staff)
You can manage your network ID password and unlock your account with the following steps:
- Navigate to Password Manager.
- Type in your network ID in the “User ID” field and then click the “Continue” button.
- If you have not registered in Password Manager, you will be guided through a series of setup questions.
- Click the “Forgot Password" button. Here, you will answer three security questions.
- If you have forgotten your security questions, please contact Client Services.
- Assign yourself a strong password that you have not used before. Be sure to include upper and lower case letters, as well as a number or a symbol. The password must be at least eight characters long.
- Log in to mail.colum.edu to verify that your account is functioning properly and that your new password works.
- If you have any other devices or computers that are connected to your network account, the old password must be removed and reset on each device, or you will eventually get locked out of your account due to failed login attempts by these other devices.
- Submit a 360 Facility ticket? (Faculty & Staff)
360 Facility is a web-based job ticketing system. Through 360 Facility, users can request and track support tickets for outstanding issues where technical assistance or support is required.
- Navigate to 360 Facility. The login screen will display.
- To create a new request, click on the "Create Request" tab at the top of the screen.
- The location (property and space) will default to the requestor’s address. The contact info fields will automatically populate with the requestor’s name, phone number and email address. Make sure to verify that this information is correct.
- Select an appropriate type and subtype by clicking on the drop-down menus and choosing the most relevant option.
- Use the "Describe Your Request" box to type in any details necessary pertaining to the issue. Make the description as detailed as possible.
- Click the "Submit" button to enter the request. It will be assigned to Client Services, who can escalate it to a technician if necessary.
For further instruction, please visit the 360 Facilty training document on Iris.
- Receive training from Information Technology? (Faculty & Staff)