Wēpa Express allows touch-free document release and secure document release by another person. Wepa Express is available in the Wēpa Mobile App.
This service is primarily for students but anyone, including faculty, staff, alumni, parents, and visitors, will be able to use it. All students have a Wepa account already created and tied into their MyColumbiaID account. In order to print, students must have funds in their Wēpa account (recommended) or on their MyColumbia card. Additional payment methods include credit cards (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover cards) and through PayPal (PayPal accepts VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and UnionPay. Deposits are through PayPal’s secure checkout).
For isntructions on how to use Wēpa express for touchless printing, you may review this step-by-step guide.
Wēpa Express FAQs
What is Wepa Express?
Wepa Express allows you to set up your document release ahead of time, with payment. From there, you can release the documents at any print station without having to touch the screen, or you can give a secure Wepa Code to another person to have them release the documents on your behalf.
Why should I use Wepa Express?
Wepa Express allows you to print easily without touching the print station screen. With the Wepa Mobile App, you can print files from your phone or from cloud storage sources like Google Drive and OneDrive. Select your files to release and your payment method, and all you have to do is tap your phone or swipe your card to release your documents. It’s the fastest and safest way to print!
What can I do with the Wepa Code?
Right now, the fewer people touching the print station the better. Use the Wepa Code with a staff-assisted pickup service (where available). Faculty can accept Wepa Codes for assignments and release all of the documents for the class. A group of friends can send one person to release documents for the whole group.
What if the print station doesn’t have NFC and I don’t have a login card?
Some Wepa Print Stations do not have NFC to use for login with the mobile app. If you do not have a login card, log in by username and password. After logging in, use the menu option to “Tag” a card of your choice to use for login next time. Then, sanitize your hands.
For login assistance, please submit a ticket or contact Client Services by phone at 312-369-7001 or by email at Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. You can also visit the Knowledge Base in Team Dynamix that provides support articles based on the different categories that IT supports.
NOTE: Students must use their Office 365 credentials with WĒPA. For login assistance call 312.369.7001, or email firstname.lastname@example.org Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Commonly Asked Questions
- Locations and cost for prints?
- How do I print with Wēpa?
Wēpa offers multiple options for printing:
- At a print station: Use a USB flash drive, connect to Canvas, Office 365 or OneDrive to print directly at a station.
- From lab computers: Installed computers have Wēpa printers added so you can File -> Print from them.
- From your laptop: Visit https://www.wepanow.com/software to download the Wēpa print software to your Windows or Mac laptop
- From your phone: Download the Wēpa print app for iPhone or Android from the respective app store
- From any device: Attach a document in an email from your CCC email addressto email@example.com – Need to confirm if we have this option.
- How do I request a refund for a Wēpa print?
To request a refund, email firstname.lastname@example.org provide the following information:
*Please note that refund requests must be made within 3 business days of the incident*
- First and Last Name
- Wēpa Username/Email
- Attach Scan or Picture of a representative print showing the defects such as fading, smearing, etc.
- Payment Option: Wēpa account, Credit/Debit Card, Wēpa Print Card, or Campus Student ID Card
- If Credit/Debit Card: last 4 digits,
- Document Name
- Date of incident (Request for refund must be made within 3 business days)
If you do not have a representation of the bad print, then your refund request will need to be approved by a supervisor. This is to eliminate fraudulent refund requests.
Please NOTE: Wēpa will no longer refund for user error. Please verify that your document is how you want it prior to uploading, and DOUBLE CHECK THE FINAL TOTAL PRICE at the Print Station prior to clicking on your Payment option. If you feel that the final cost of your document is not correct, then double check your upload. If you made the mistake of uploading your document in color, do not print it, re-upload in Black and White.
- How do I print from my email?
Introducing ETOP(Email-To-Print) – now you can email your attached documents to email@example.com and get a reply back with your files ready to release at any print station!
Supported Document Extensions: .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, .pdf & .rtf
- How do I deposit funds to my Wēpa account balance?
Deposit funds to Wēpa account balance either at print station or website using a credit/debit card or PayPal. There is no minimum balance that must be maintained, and any remaining user deposited funds can be refunded by contacting Wēpa support (1.800.675.7639 / firstname.lastname@example.org).
Credit Card: VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover cards are accepted.
PayPal: PayPal accepts VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and UnionPay. Deposits are through PayPal’s secure checkout.
- Login to Wēpa account either by swiping campus / tagged card or manually entering credentials.
- Select blue menu icon in top right, then “Deposit Money” from drop down menu.
- Select the amountto deposit ($10.00 defaulted) then “Next”.
- Select a payment option, either credit/debit cardon left or PayPal on right.
- If credit/debit card, swipecard when prompted.
- If PayPal, select “PayPal Checkout”to login to account.
- Deposited funds will appear under “Account Balance” in top right.
- Login to Wēpa account.
- Select “Deposit Funds” in top right blue menu bar or select “add more” by ‘CURRENT BALANCE’ in the right-side print queue.
- Select an amountto deposit ($5.00, $10.00, $15.00, $20.00, $25.00, $50.00)
- Select a Payment Method, either Credit Card or PayPal.
- If Credit Card, enter Billing and Payment Information then Submit CC Deposit.
- If PayPal, select PayPal Checkoutfor a pop-up window to login to account or enter guest information.
- Billing Information – NOTE: Enter 00000 for Zip when using International card.
- Payment Information – NOTE: Expiration Date Format is MMYY and NOT MM/YY.
- Where do I get support?
For technical support connect Wēpa at 800-675-7639. The technical support operational hours are Monday – Friday, 6 am-6 pm CST. You can also use chat for technical support: http://support.wepanow.com/
If you have any questions or report an outage, please contact Client Services at email@example.com or 312-369-7001.