International Programs

Columbia students have studied in over 70 countries. Where will you go?

If you have looked through the exchanges and still want another option for a semester abroad, you might want to look into one of our partner providers' programs.  Keep in mind that this will take a lot more work and time to set up, and you must get approval from several offices before you are approved.

If you’re interested in this option, contact the International Programs office at or 312.369.7726.   All students attending partner provider study abroad programs must apply through our online application system, found here:

Apply Here!

Upcoming Deadlines: (Note: Partner provider programs will also have their own applications that must be completed.  Those deadlines may be earlier.) 

Spring and J-term: October 15th

Summer and Fall: April 15th

All students applying to participate in a study abroad program will be required to pay an application fee. Click here to pay the $30 application fee. 

You will also have to apply through the program provider.  You can search through available programs at the partner sites listed below, or by following the application link above.  Carefully consider if you are up for the challenges involved with independent study abroad, or if an exchange might be a better fit for you.

Requirements: To be approved for a partnered provider study abroad program, students must have at least a 2.75 GPA and maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress according to CCC policy.

Note: Columbia College will not approve any program in a country that is under a US State Department travel warning.  Please check the State Department website for the most recent list of travel warnings.

If you are interested in an international internship through one of these partners then you may still need to go through Columbia's Career Center.

Review the programs offered by our partner providers:

Print this worksheet to budget for study abroad and compare expenses for different programs: Costs to Consider when Comparing Studying Abroad Programs

Reference the US Department of State's Study Abroad Information regarding official documents and governmental travel recommendations: