International Student Scholar Services

International students on an F-1 or J-1 visa are eligible for on-campus employment upon arrival to the U.S.  

If you are hired for an on-campus position and do not have a social security number, please click HERE to request a letter.  Complete the letter request form for a social security number.  This form will generate a request automatically to ISSS and student employment to create the two necessary letters required by the social security office.  Please allow at least 3 days for your request to be processed.   Once your letter is completed, ISSS, it will be e-mailed to you with additional information on the documents you need to take with you to the Social Security Office.  

General Information

Eligibility Requirements

Applying for Jobs

Find and Apply for Jobs on Handshake