Writing tutors help students to develop and strengthen their writing skills for any project at any stage of the writing process. Students may choose from peer tutors with similar academic majors, graduate student tutors, or professional tutors. Support for international writers (EAL) is available on-site. LD Specialists are also available.
Students work with tutors to:
- Generate ideas for writing projects
- Read for structure and flow
- Edit for grammar and punctuation
- Use research in writing
- Explore proper documentation style (in text citation and bibliography)
- Write artist's statments, scholarship essays, and cover letters
Writing tutors are available onsite during all Learning Studio office hours.
Students should come prepared with the appropriate materials for each session. See the full list of Tutoring Rights and Responsibilities here.
Learn about the Resources we have to offer.