Creative Writing - Fiction

Who evaluates Creative Writing transfer courses?
Fiction Writing Department Faculty Counselors are responsible for Fiction Writing course transfer decisions. The Chair is the arbiter in the case of a dispute.

Who should students contact?
Students may contact the Transfer Contact directly to schedule appointments or they may contact the Office of Degree Evaluation to assist in scheduling appointments.

Devon Polderman
624 S Michigan Ave, 13th Floor

What do students need to provide?
Students must provide a transcript, a course description (syllabus preferred) and, if possible, a portfolio of writing samples. The faculty will evaluate this information in a meeting with the student. Out of town students can provide the information by mail or fax and faculty can respond by phone, letter, or e-mail.

How long does it take?
Faculty will respond within 10 business days to the student's request. Faculty will record their evaluation on a Course Equivalency, Substitution, and Waiver Form. 

Student will receive:
Students are notified via their Columbia email account when an equivalency towards the major is approved.