Apostille Services

If you are going to graduate school or accepting employment in a foreign country, that government may require that your diploma, or a copy, be signed by the college Registrar, and his signature notarized. This is called an Apostille. It means that a college official is verifying the authenticity of the document. You then have to take the document to the Illinois Secretary of State to complete the process. The Office of the Registrar provides Apostille services to students at no charge. Please refer to the U.S. Department of State website for further information. If you require this service, please contact the Office of the Registrar for an appointment with the Registrar. You can also print the State of Illinois forms that are required by the Secretary of State.

Contact the Office of the Registrar if you have any questions about this process.