Contract Renewal CampaignContract Renewal Campaign for the 2019-2020 academic year begins on Friday, March 1, 2019 and ends on Friday, March 29, 2019.
- What is Contract Renewal Campaign?Contract Renewal Campaign is an opportunity for current Columbia College students and residents to choose the specific room they want to live in for the 2019-2020 academic year. Students will easily be able to secure a contract through our online Housing Portal.
- Who is Qualified?
If you are a current Columbia College on-campus resident or full-time student, and do not have any SFS holds for Spring 2019, you are able to participate in the Contract Renewal Campaign. Keep in mind that all returning students must end the Spring 2019 semester with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher to be eligible to live on campus.
If you do have a hold on your account for the Fall semester, please contact Student Financial Services to resolve it.
Graduating Students - Those graduating upon the completion of Fall 2019 semester can still participate in Contract Renewal Campaign. Although you'll be securing an academic year contract, the college will release graduating students from the Spring portion of their contract, given that they are not registered for any Spring 2020 classes and are moved out by the end of the Fall semester. We only ask that you notify our office towards the end of the Fall semester, so we are aware of your future departure.
Spring 2020 Semester in L.A. & Spring 2020 Study Abroad Students - Same as graduating students. The college will release you from this portion of your contract, given that you have been officially accepted into the program, are not registered for any Spring 2020 classes (other than the program itself) and are moved out by the end of the Fall semester. Please notify our office towards the end of the Fall semester with documentation of your acceptance, so we are aware of your future departure.
Students Currently Studying Abroad - If you are Columbia College student currently studying abroad, and will be back in the Fall to continue your degree, you are eligible to participate. Beginning the second week of Contract Renewal Campaign, you would be able to log into the housing portal and secure a space.
- What You NeedHousing Prepayment
Students will need to provide a non-refundable $250 prepayment online when completing the housing contract. This mandatory non-refundable payment is applied to your first semesters’ housing costs, and cannot be waived.
DO NOT USE CCCPAY TO MAKE THIS PREPAYMENT.
Medical Insurance Policy
All residents are required to have medical insurance coverage during the contract period. You will need to enter your medical insurance policy info online when completing a housing contract.
- What to ExpectThe entire process will be completed online. Your participation date will depend on your housing status at that time. The first week of Contract Renewal Campaign will be dedicated to students requesting the same exact space (apartment and bedroom) they currently reside in. The second and third week will be open to all current residents and current students. This means, any space that was not selected during the first week will be available for selection.
- Housing Contract TermsPlease be advised, all submitted housing contracts are binding and hold you financially accountable to your contract terms for the academic year. Do not submit a contract if you intend to use on-campus housing as a backup plan, or if you're unsure about living on campus.
It is strongly recommended that you plan ahead and contact Student Financial Services to ensure that you are able to make this financial commitment PRIOR to signing your future housing contract. Do not complete a housing contract if your aren't sure what your financial situation will be in Fall.
- Academic HousingStudents that participate in Contract Renewal Campaign will sign an academic year housing contract. This allows students to live on campus for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Academic Contract dates are September 1, 2019 through May 10, 2020. This includes any breaks or holidays within these dates.
- On-Campus Residence Halls
The Dwight - 642 South Clark
This building was originally built in 1911 as the headquarters of the Dwight Brothers Paper Company. The Dwight has been fully renovated, but still stays true to its heritage as a place of aesthetics and creativity. (see more)
The University Center - 525 South State
Since the Fall of 2004, the University Center (UC) has created a home away from home for approximately 1,700 college students from Columbia College Chicago and nearby DePaul & Roosevelt Universities. (see more)
The Arc - 37 West Van Buren
Originally built in 1893, The Old Colony Building is an architectural masterpiece located right in the beating heart of Chicago’s downtown loop. But make no mistake: “Historic” doesn’t have to mean “Old”. The Arc has been fully remodeled and modernized, providing Columbia College Chicago students with contemporary design, stylish amenities, and engaging public spaces. (see more)
- Students with DisabilitiesIf you require special room accommodations due to an ADA recognized disability, please contact the Residence Life Office in writing, via email: email@example.com
These disabilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactive Disorder
- Learning Disabilities
- Communication Disorders
- Psychological Disabilities
- Blindness/Visual Impairment
- Other Health or Physical Impairment
For additional accommodations outside of housing, please visit The Services for Student’s with Disabilities Office (SSD) website.
- Roommate RequestsRoommate Requests can be accommodated, but the process will vary depending on each persons housing and/or student status.
- If you CURRENTLY live in one of our Residence Halls and you would like to stay in that SAME EXACT ROOM, you would be completing your online contract during the Same-Room Sign-Up portion of Contract Renewal Campaign. If you have a friend that currently attends Columbia College, and would like to room with you, that person would need to complete their online contract during Open-To-All segment of Contract Campaign. Please be aware, the availability spaces can change during the first week of the campaign.
- If you and a friend currently attend Columbia College and you both would like to find a space with each other, you would both need to select your room(s) during the Open-To-All segment of Contract Renewal Campaign. We recommend that you both sign up at the same time, to ensure that you both can select the same space. Please be aware, the availability of spaces will change frequently, as all vacant spaces will be an available option for other inquiring students.
Any vacant spaces will be assigned to regular applicants throughout the spring and summer.
- Housing Prepayment
- On-Campus Housing Rates
- Meal Plan
- Paying for Housing
- Week 1: Same Room Sign-Up
- Week 2 - 4: Displaced Residents
- Week 2 - 4: Open-To-All
- Roommate Assignments
- Move-In Information
If you have any questions concerning the 2019-2020 Contract Renewal Campaign that are not addressed in these FAQ's, please contact the Residence Life Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.