Employment Information for International Students
International students are eligible for on-campus jobs; you can search for jobs via Handshake.
If you accept an on-campus position, please report the job title, start and end dates, and any additional pertinent information to ISSS. You must report the job within 10 working days of the start date. You must update this information each semester that you work, or if your job changes.
- To work on-campus, a student must be enrolled as a full-time student, and be in good status; a student can begin working when they arrive at Columbia their freshman year, though not prior to 30 days before classes begin. Student must maintain good status to continue working on-campus.
- You can work in more than one position for up to a total of 20 hours per week during the fall and spring semesters, and a total of 25 hours per week during the summer semester.
- You must enroll for at least 12 hours if undergraduate, 9 hours if graduate.
- Have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- Have current and valid identity documents (e.g. passport, F-1 or J-1Visa, I-94, and I-20).
Applying for Jobs
- Visit Handshake to see job openings.
- Upload your resume to Handshake, fill out your profile, and apply for on-campus jobs.
- Interested department supervisors will contact you for a job interview.