International Student Scholar Services

The Illinois Secretary of State's office issues a Temporary Visitor Driver's License (TVDL) for non-citizens of the United States who have been granted temporary, legal entry into this country and are temporarily residing in the State of Illinois. For complete information, please visit the Illinois Secretary of State TVDL information page.

Visit the Illinois TVDL website

In order to receive a TVDL, you will need to provide a letter confirming that you are inelgibile for a Social Security number. ISSS can provide you with this.

Request a verification letter