Student Organization Council
The mission of the Student Organization Council (SOC) is to provide student organizations and their members the support and resources needed to accomplish their goals. SOC is dedicated to building a stronger campus community by providing club members with opportunities to grow personally, professionally and artistically.
The SOC is comprised of one member of each of the recognized student organizations. The SOC's executive board consists of a Chairperson, Community Director, and Finance Director.
SOC meetings are held the first Wednesday of each month at 5 p.m. in the Loft | 916 S. Wabash Ave., 4th floor. Meetings are open to all Columbia College Chicago students, faculty and staff.
RSVP for SOC Training here to complete your recognition!
2018-2019 SOC Meetings at the Loft at
(916 S. Wabash Ave., 4th Fl.)
Wednesday: 2pm - 6pm
Thursday: 12:30pm - 4pm
How do I create a Student Organization?
Follow these easy steps to create a new student organization!
- Find at least 7 students who want to be members of your organization and at least 3 of those students who are willing to be an executive board member.
- Executive board members must maintain a 2.5 GPA and general members need at least a 2.0 GPA.
- Find a Columbia faculty or a staff advisor for your organization.
- Create a constitution and a list of events or activities that your group would like to do.
- Submit a Student Organization Recognition Packet here.
- Send your President and another executive board member to a Student Organization Training date. Check the forms page.
- Have fun!
Video by Frita Beauchamp