You are ready to graduate! Now what? Follow these steps and you’ll be well on your way to a successful and celebratory culmination of your Columbia student experience.
PREPARE TO GRADUATE
- Apply for graduation in MyColumbia
- Review your advising guide in MyColumbia
- Columbia Central Exit Counseling (required for students with loans)
- Complete the Graduating Student Survey (sent to your student email on April 10)
PREPARE FOR YOUR CAREER
- Activate your account in Handshake for jobs, events, and Career Center appointments
- Polish your resume with a Peer Coach
- Activate your Portfolium profile and add projects
- Strengthen your portfolio with a Creative Industry Liaison
- Connect with industry professionals at Career Center events
- Stop by the Career Center before you graduate, Career Center services are only extended to alumni within one year of graduation.
- Connect with us at: colum.edu/careercenter, firstname.lastname@example.org, (312) 369-7280
PREPARE FOR YOUR LIFE
As an official #ColumAlum, it’s important to keep your contact information updated so you can stay connected to our vast alumni network. Visit giving.colum.edu/updatetograduate--it only takes a few minutes.
In the weeks after graduation, you’ll receive an email to activate your alumni account. Then login and start connecting with other #ColumAlums!
In our alumni community, you can:
- Share your latest news about a new career or achievement
- Connect with other alumni in the community—search by industry, class year, region
- Link your social media accounts and find new ways to network
- Access valuable post-graduation career resources
- Register for events
- Sign-up to volunteer, and so much more
Contact your department’s Manifest liaison in the spring by visiting colum.edu/manifest. Also check the Manifest website and your student email for information about these events for graduates!
- Graduating Student Lunch & Class T-Shirt Pick-Up
- Graduating Student Parade | The Manifest Kick-Off