Counseling Services

Mission: 

Counseling Services’ mission is to provide high quality, holistic mental health services to the Columbia College Chicago student body. Through collaborative and confidential relationships, we work with students to develop the coping strategies necessary for success in their academic, professional, and personal lives.  We aim to assist students in developing resiliency, self-esteem, and confidence using evidence-based practices to guide our work.

Vision: 

Our vision is to promote human diversity, end the stigma of mental illness, and eliminate the barriers to quality and effective mental health services. We strive to create an affirming, inclusive environment that fosters self-discovery, and empowers students to find their own voice and utilize their strengths. We envision a therapeutic space that allows all students to feel seen and heard!  

Diversity Statement:   

Counseling Services is committed to providing services that acknowledge and promote the diversity of our students. We engage in culturally humble practices that honor the variety of the human experience. We respect each student’s individuality, creativity, and unique expression through the therapeutic process.

Our Staff:

dima

Dima Dairanieh, LCSW, CADC
Staff Therapist
312-369-6979

“I love reading, cooking and art in all forms. I cannot go a day without music. Working on establishing a meditation practice and being more present.”

Gricel

Gricel Serrano, LCPC
Staff Therapist
312-369-6978

“I think life is better with music, food, and laughter. Life can be difficult, but without humor--it becomes unbearable." 

matthew.jpg

Matthew P. Partridge, LCPC
Staff Therapist
312-369-7128

“I enjoy traveling and live music. I enjoy creating new experiences with people as a way to grow and develop relationships.”

Anna-Photo.jpeg

Anna Looker, LCPC
Staff Therapist
312-369-6962

“I’m an outgoing person who loves to meet new people and connect with others! In my free time, I’m often reading a fantasy or sci-fi novel, playing volleyball, taking a long walk with a large coffee, checking out an antique shop, or relaxing with my Siamese cat, Beatrice."

Richard-Photo.jpeg

Richard Chin, LCSW
Coordinator of Counseling Services 
312-369-8539

"I enjoy going for walks with my wife, playing with my kid and dogs, and fumbling through licks on the guitar. I try to find joy and humor in life and in frustration.”

prof-photo.jpg

Emily Battle, LCPC
Director of Counseling Services
312-369-7480

“I have a lot of hobbies and am always looking for new ways to be creative and engage in self-care. Cooking, listening to music and podcasts, reading, physical exercise, spending time outdoors with my partner and dog are just a few ways I enjoy spending my time." 

c

Connie Valle
Administrative Assistant
312-369-8700

“I love spending time with my Family and having Family Dinners. I enjoy long car rides (we turn them into karaoke time!); definitely enjoy music especially oldies music. I love Mediterranean food and pizza! I enjoy good jokes and laughs. My favorite show is The Big Bang Theory and The History Channel. I like going to art galleries and admire different kinds of art.”

×
×