WHAT WE DO
Student Health can help most of the students who come in.
The Columbia College Chicago Health Center is able to provide outpatient care and diagnosis of the following conditions:
- Upper respiratory infections
- Ear infections
- Sore throat
- Allergic rhinitis
- Bladder or yeast infections
- Health counseling
- Minor skin conditions/rashes
- Minor eye conditions such as conjunctivitis
- Identification and referral for treatment of emotional problems
- Minor strains and sprains not requiring X-rays
- Advice and referral for treatment of STDs
- Common tests including strep screen and mono spot test
- Urine analysis
- Blood sugar testing
- Pregnancy testing
- Contraceptive counseling and prescription
- Allergy Shot maintenance (not initial nor build-up shots) – must be coordinated with your Allergist
Should you require a higher level of service due to an urgent or chronic condition, the SHC staff will advise you verbally or in writing of the possible diagnosis, testing, and treatment recommended. Services that are not provided by the SHC may require use of your health insurance plan. The SHC staff will try to advise you on 1) how to use your own health insurance and 2) how to minimize your costs. Health insurance is quite complex. With your permission, we will contact your parent or guardian to help decide how you should proceed.
- SHC does not track student immunizations records. The Registrar’s Office handles all immunization records. 312-369-7769 (Website)
- SHC does do not provide STI testing on-demand. Monthly testing is available by appointment. We can assist students with finding free testing services in Chicago at any time.
- We do not prescribe or refill meds for ADD, ADHD, or most psychiatric meds.