If you are having a life-threatening emergency, please contact 911 or go immediately to the nearest Emergency Room or Living Room.
Call 911 if you believe there is an immediate threat to an individual or the college community and then notify Campus Security at 312-369-1111.
Northwestern Memorial Hospital - 251 E Huron St, Chicago, IL 60611
Mercy Hospital & Medical Center - 2525 Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60616
Rush University Medical Center - 1653 W Congress Pkwy, Chicago, IL 60612
University of Illinois Hospital - 1740 W. Taylor, Chicago, IL 60612
HOW DO I KNOW IF I AM HAVING A PSYCHOLOGICAL CRISIS?
- Experiencing serious thoughts about suicide or harm to yourself and worry that you may act upon them.
- Experiencing serious thoughts of doing harm to another person and may act upon them.
- Experiencing hallucinations (hearing, seeing, feeling things that no one else hears, sees, or feels). For example, hearing voices, seeing objects, or living things not heard or seen by others.
- Have been recently sexually assaulted.
- Have recently experienced trauma in the form of witnessing or experiencing sexual and/or physical violence.
If you think you are experiencing a mental health crisis and are not in immediate danger to yourself or others, you can call Counseling Services at 312-369-8700 during normal business hours. When you call, please leave a message clearly providing your: Name, Student ID, and best phone number to reach you at. Please note, you may get a return phone call from a Blocked Number.
24 Hour Emergency Crisis Support Available Through:
- National Suicide and Crisis Lifeline: 988
- Crisis Textline: Text to “HOME” to 741741
- Trans Lifeline: 877-565-8860
- The Trevor Project: 866-488-7386 or text “START” to 678-678
Refer to the Counseling Services’ Additional Resources Page for additional chatlines and phone numbers.