The Makerspace has button makers for 1", 1.5", and 2.25" buttons. The measurment indicates the size of the finished button; the visible image on the button will be slightly smaller since the paper wraps around. You can use the templates below to design your buttons. Select the template(s) that correspond with the size(s) of buttons you intend to make. The size indicates the size of the finished button, not the size of the image.
- Download the template for the size of buttons you want to make.
- Pay particular attention to the measurements in the template and size your images accordingly. Images and text that fall inside the dashed circle will appear on the front of the button; the space between the inner dashed line and the outer solid line will fold around to the back of the button.
- The button templates are designed to print on standard printer paper (8.5” x 11”). This is the correct size and thickness for use with our button makers. If you print on another size or type of paper, your templates may be unusable.
- Design your buttons using your preferred software or by drawing directly on the printed template.
- Print your finished button templates on regular printer paper. We recommend printing at the library. You will not be able to print your finished templates in the Makerspace.
- Come to the Makerspace! Makerspace employees will instruct you on how to cut out your designs using our circle cutters and assemble your buttons with the button makers.
The Makerspace supplies materials for up to 50 buttons per student per semester and up to 150 buttons per registered student organization per semester. If you would like to make additional buttons, you may purchase supplies from ShopColumbia to use with our button makers.
Visit the Makerspace at 754 S. Wabash Ave, 2nd floor, or contact us at 312-369-7877 or firstname.lastname@example.org.