Writing tutors help students to develop and strengthen their writing skills for any project at any stage of the writing process. Students may choose from peer tutors with similar academic majors, graduate student tutors, or professional tutors. Support for non-native speakers (EAL) is available on-site. Enhanced assistance is also available.
Students work with tutors to:
- Generate ideas for writing projects
- Read for structure and flow
- Review grammar and punctuation
- Use research in writing
- Explore proper documentation style (in text citation and bibliography)
- Write artist's statements, scholarship essays, and cover letters
- Organize and plan group projects
Writing tutors are available onsite during all Academic Center for Tutoring office hours.
Students can get writing assistance in the following subjects:
- Comedy Writing
- Culture, Race, and Media
- English as an Additional Language
- Enhanced Assistance
- General Writing
- Oral Expressions
- Writing & Rhetoric Stretch
Students should come prepared with the appropriate materials for each session. For cancellation policies and other session information, see the full list of Tutoring Rights and Responsibilities here.