As a reminder, we will officially adopt Microsoft Office 365 for students on Saturday, August 31, 2019. All official college communication will be sent to your Office 365 email account on September 1.
What this means for you:
- Free access to Microsoft’s Office 365 software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and more.
- The ability to download the Office productivity tools on 15 devices.
- Students and faculty will now be in the same system.
- Full integration between Canvas and Microsoft services.
- The Office 365 rollout will also involve creating a new Microsoft Office 365 email account. Your new account is necessary for you to access the Office 365 software.
Below is important information about the student email adoption:
- You will still sign in to Canvas and the MyColumbia Portal with your MyColumbia ID number and password.
- You will still have access to your Columbia Gmail account and any associated Google services (Google Drive, Cal, etc.) with your Loop account and your account will never be deleted.
- Your email address will end with @colum.edu instead of loop.colum.edu. For example, email@example.com now become firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: If you use a preferred first name your email address will have the first initial of that name.
Our goal throughout this transition is to make the process as seamless as possible. Office 365 information has been distributed around the college for you to access. A step-by-step guide has been created for you with information on how to log in.
If you’re interested in learning more about Office 365 overall, there are a variety of video tutorials available on LinkedIn Learning (Formerly known as Lynda.com). Just log in to Office 365 Cloud and click LinkedIn Learning link in the applications menu to get started.
For more information, please visit: https://students.colum.edu/information-technology.
If you have questions about Office 365, please email Technology Services at email@example.com.