The Office of Student Persistence helps students reach their goals by addressing barriers to degree completion and supporting equitable student success. In our efforts to support the strategic plan, we:
- Coordinate outreach campaigns that monitor and support the academic success of all students
- Facilitate the Scholars Project, which was created as part of Columbia's Social Justice Initiative to support students who identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, people of color) or first-generation college students
- Initiate academic progress reports (APRs) and coordinate outreach to students who are flagged as being at risk to fail a course
- Provide oversight for the Satisfactory Academic Progress and PetiAct as the administrator of Columbia's online caseload management/student success tool (SSC Navigate)
- Manage Columbia's Student Success Alerts, which allows staff and faculty to submit notifications when they are concerned about a student. Student Persistence ensures that the proper support person reaches out to each student.