In our efforts to offer the latest technology, Columbia College Chicago is pleased to announce that we will be expanding our Microsoft Office 365 implementation to include you (and all other students) starting this Spring 2019.
What this means for you:
- Free access to Microsoft’s Office 365 software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and more.
- The ability to download the Office productivity tools on 15 devices.
- Students and faculty will now be in the same system.
- Full integration between Canvas and Microsoft services.
- The Office 365 rollout will also involve creating a new Microsoft Office 365 email account. Your new account is necessary for you to access the Office 365 software.
Some important information about the switch:
- Your Loop email account will still be active, and all official college communication will utilize your Loop email until August 31, 2019.
- Students will still sign in to Canvas and MyColumbia with their MyColumbia ID number and MyColumbia password. Canvas will still send notifications and faculty will still communicate with you through your Loop email until August 31, 2019.
- You will still have access to your Columbia Gmail account and any associated Google services (Google Drive, Cal, etc.) associated with your Gmail account.
- Your new email address will end with @colum.edu instead of loop.colum.edu. For example, email@example.com now become firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: students that use a preferred first name will have the first initial of that name.
- Your Office 365 account password consists of your capital first name initial, last name initial and your six-digit birth date. For example, John Doe with a DOB: 05/24/2000, initial password would be: You will be asked to change this during your first login.
- Unfortunately, there are currently no migration tools available to move your Gmail correspondences to your Office 365 email account. However, you may forward your Columbia Gmail account to your new Office 365 email account.
We hope to make the process as seamless as possible. Please reach out to the Client Services at (312) 369-7001, or at email@example.com if you have any concerns regarding your mailbox adoption.
For more product information on Office 365, please visit the Office 365 portion of this site, which inlcudes Microsoft quick guides and Lynda.com.