- How do I access Loopmail?
Loopmail is the official student email of Columbia. All official Columbia email communications will be delivered via Loopmail, so it is important that students check their account regularly. Also, a variety of registration information, billing information, financial aid information, an all-student newsletter and several targeted newsletters are available for students to receive each month. This information can all be found in the Loopmail inbox.
Logging in to Loopmail:
- Visit the Loopmail login page. Your Loopmail account will be accessed through Gmail. For a current student registered at Columbia, the default login combo is Username: firstname.lastname.
For Loopmail support, call 312.369.7001, or email firstname.lastname@example.org Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Office 365 for students is coming
In our efforts to offer the latest technology, Columbia College Chicago is pleased to announce that we will be expanding our Microsoft Office 365 implementation to include you (and all other students) starting this Spring 2019.
What this means for you:
- Free access to Microsoft’s Office 365 software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and more.
- The ability to download the Office productivity tools on 15 devices.
- Students and faculty will now be in the same system.
- Full integration between Canvas and Microsoft services.
- The Office 365 rollout will also involve creating a new Microsoft Office 365 email account. Your new account is necessary for you to access the Office 365 software.
Some important information about the switch:
- Your Loop email account will still be active, and all official college communication will utilize your Loop email until August 31, 2019.
- Students will still sign in to Canvas and Oasis with their Oasis ID number and Oasis password. Canvas will still send notifications and faculty will still communicate with you through your Loop email until August 31, 2019.
- You will still have access to your Columbia Gmail account and any associated Google services (Google Drive, Cal, etc.) associated with your Gmail account.
- Your new email address will end with @colum.edu instead of loop.colum.edu. For example, email@example.com now become firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: students that use a preferred first name will have the first initial of that name.
- Your Office 365 account password consists of your capital first name initial, last name initial and your six-digit birth date. For example, John Doe with a DOB: 05/24/2000, initial password would be: You will be asked to change this during your first login.
- Unfortunately, there are currently no migration tools available to move your Gmail correspondences to your Office 365 email account. However, you may forward your Columbia Gmail account to your new Office 365 email account.
We hope to make the process as seamless as possible. Please reach out to the Client Services at (312) 369-7001, or at email@example.com if you have any concerns regarding your mailbox adoption.
For more product information on Office 365, please visit the Office 365 portion of this site, which inlcudes Microsoft quick guides and Lynda.com.
For instructions on how to set up your Office 365 account, you may watch this instructional video which will walk you through the process.
- How do I access OASIS?
The Online Administrative Student Information System (OASIS) is the online tool that faculty members use to post final grades, check their teaching schedules, and submit various academic forms. Students use Oasis to register for classes, pay tuition and fees, check academic progress, and update their official address and contact information, as well as their emergency contact information. Visit oasis.colum.edu to log in with your Oasis ID number and Oasis password.
For OASIS login support, call 312.369.7001, or email firstname.lastname@example.org Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- How do I access Canvas?
Canvas is the LMS used by Columbia faculty to manage their courses and it allows students to access course materials, such as course syllabi, assignments, resources, grades, and other materials. The college’s Canvas website is located at canvas.colum.edu.
Students sign in to Canvas with their Oasis ID number and Oasis password.
For login assistance, please contact Client Services by phone at 312-369-7001 or by email at email@example.com Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
There is also 24/7 support available through the Canvas website. Users must sign-in and refer to the help icon on the Canvas home page to reach a Canvas representative through chat or phone support.
- How do I access campus wi-fi?
"Columbia Student" is the wireless network dedicated to students. This network is accessed using the same credentials to access OASIS.
Once you select the "Columbia Student" network from your list of available wireless networks, a browser window will pop up asking you to log into the network with your OASIS credentials. If a window does not automatically pop up, open a web browser and attempt to access the portal, and you will be re-directed to the log-in page. If you have any issues, please contact client services at 312-369-7001.
Please note that the "Columbia FacStaff" network is dedicated to Faculty and Staff. This network is accessed using network login credentials.