The following items do not represent the entirety of the diverse populations SSD works with.
Scholarships for Students with Disabilities: https://students.colum.edu/ssd/scholarships.pdf
Literature for ADD/ADHD: https://www.additudemag.com/
Other Scholarships: 2023 BSA Scholarship Application
Petition for Exception to Scholarship Full Time Status Requirement
Recipients of renewable Columbia scholarships who are unable to register full-time due to a medical circumstance or disability may submit a petition by filling out the ADA Scholarship Exemption Form to request an exception to the full-time enrollment requirement of their scholarship(s). Students will be considered if they have Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodations on file with Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD). Approval is based on SSD’s review of these accommodations and the Scholarship Committee’s review of students’ accounts. An exception is not guaranteed.
Helpful Apps for Students:
1. Freedom: Block distracting websites and apps on all platforms (free trial, then paid
2. Forest: When you want to focus on your work, plant a tree on your phone using the
app, which will die if you use the phone for something else (free or a one-time purchase,
depending on the platform).
3. White Noise Generator (Android) and White Noise HQ (iOS): Generate background
sounds of your choice (free, has in-app purchases).
4. RescueTime: Track how you spend your time (free, has a premium version).
5. Simple habit: Use guided meditation to relieve stress and anxiety (free, has a premium
6. Sanvello: Learn how to use various techniques to deal with issues such as stress,
anxiety, and depression (free, has a premium version).
7. Belion: Tracks study, work, or other activities and provides points and statistics on
your progress (free).
8. Dreamie Planner: A simple planner with unique and creative features that allows
users to track important deadlines (free).
9. Microsoft To Do: Ditch the post it note and instead create task lists digitally with this
application. Can be used across multiple devices (included with your student
subscription through Columbia)
10. Google Tasks: Create tasks and subtasks to easily manage all your deadlines, from
homework assignments to calling your mom to remembering your weekly grocery trip.
11. Fabulous: This daily routine planner includes a life coach to help you live your best
life (free, has a subscription option).
12. SleepTown: Like Forest, this app allows you to track your sleep and build healthy
sleep habits and break the late-night phone temptations (free, optional in-app